In this course, XML is presented with three kinds of interactivity:
- Slide Show
- MouseOvers, and
The interactivity in this course gives you the opportunity to learn and apply XML concepts.
The exercises in this course are designed to take you step-by-step through the process of XML coding.
In order to learn proper coding syntax,
- you will edit text files which present XML code.
- You will create your own text files to practice manual coding skills and logical markup.
- You will create tags based on content rather than visual formatting.
- You will also create (DTDs) Document Type Definitions to define these elements for XML files.
- You will design style sheets for an XML document using the Extensible Style Language (XSL).
If you are using IE 8.0, one optional exercise shows you how to use your browser to check your code for well-formedness and validity.
At the end of the course, you will be able to create your own projects with XML and its related technologies
In the next Lesson, the prerequisites for the course will be discussed.