In this course you will learn the fundamental aspects of JDBC and get a clear understanding of how it operates.
You learn how to apply the numerous features JDBC provides to large-scale projects and systems, and see how it works with other Java-based technologies such as the
Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI), Java Server Pages (JSP), and Enterprise Java Beans (EJB).
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Compose JDBC applications
- Define JDBC-related terms
- Describe the major components of a JDBC application
- Describe the relationship of JDBC to Java and to database systems
- Describe how to use JDBC in transactions
- Describe the relationship of JDBC to J2EE technologies
JDBC allows us to write java applications with following functionalities,
- Connect to a data source, like a database.
- Send queries and update statements to the database.
- Retrieve and process the results received from the database in answer to your query.
JDBC (Java DataBase Connectivity) is an important Java API that defines how a client accesses a database.
JDBC is critical in building large-scale enterprise Java solutions and it is expected that you understand JDBC and its related features.
You can use JDBC to perform database operations such as
- updating, and
- creating database entities as well as
- executing SQL queries.
Using JDBC support, you can also perform transactions on the database.