This course is designed to teach you about Web programming and how to use Perl to write programs for the Web.
The following Perl related course material will be covered.
- Programming techniques specific to the Web
- Details of the CGI interface to common Web servers
- Perl 5 features that make Web programming easier
- Using forms on your Web site
- Sending email from a CGI program
By the end of this course you will have created a flexible Guestbook system and an email program to send mail from a form instead of a mailto: URL.
These programs were selected to use all of the techniques that you will learn in this course.
You will also find them useful as templates for other applications that you will write in the course of your Web programming work.
Depending on your experience level, you can expect to spend 15 to 30 minutes on each lesson.
Before we actually start, let's cover:
- Course prerequisites
- What you will need for this cours
In the next lesson, platform-specific links and explanations for the materials will be discussed.